Monday, November 8, 2010

My Dad ♥ Gordon P. Winter 9/23/1937-10/03/10











The last month has been pretty rough for me. You never think someone in YOUR family can die, it seems like a sad thing, that only happens in the movies or to other people. I have never experienced losing someone I was so close too and loved so much. My beloved daddy returned home to his heavenly on October 3rd. I am so thankful that my family was aware that he was going to pass and we got to spend the last days by his side. He was at Landon's birthday party on Aug 31st standing by Landon and watching him blow out his candles. That was only six weeks before he passed. His poor body just started to give out on him. It was the hardest thing I have ever experienced watching the man that raised me and gave me such a good life who was such a strong hard worker, get so sick and weak. I am thankful that he was my Dad and without heavenly fathers plan I don't know how I would make it. It's the only thing that gives me the strength to get through this hard time. I have so many wonderful friends and family members who have been so supportive. He died from Lewy body disease. One of the things you forget with this disease is your family and My family was blessed. My dad forgot about a lot of things but he never forgot who any of his children were and for that I am thankful. I know that when he passed he was welcomed on the other side by his parents and his brother and many other loved ones. I know that he is watching over me and my family. But with all those things being said it is still really hard to not have him here. My little boy Landon loved his Grandpa so much. When he was sick in bed the last days, Landon would go up and rub his arm and climb up in bed with him and say I love you Grandpa. It has been so hard to go to my Mom's and have Landon say I miss Grandpa, Grandpa is gone. He went to live with Heavenly father in the sky. Kids just have such a beautiful innocent worry free kind of love about them. I miss my Dad so much and love him more than anyone will ever know. Thanks for being the best Dad and Grandpa anyone could ask for. We had family pictures taken a few weeks before he passed and I am so thankful to have them.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

i'm so sorry windy. my grandma that raised me passed away in july and i can truly say i know how you feel. your words hit so close to home. sometimes i'm amazed that we overcome trials like this..but we do somehow. i'm sure you are so grateful that your babies were able to meet him so you can treasure those memories.

Anonymous said...

windy im so sorry thinking of you guys